Friday, 17 January 2014

Casting Your Burden, Literally

While I was walking home, I repeated the following affirmation in my thoughts:
"I cast this burden on the Christ within, and I go free." (Florence Scovel Shinn)
I noticed this young woman struggling with some shopping bags. I asked her how far she was going and she said to the next bus stop, a few minutes away. I asked if I could help her carry her bag and she said yes. I carried her bag for her till we arrived at the bus stop. She then thanked me and I wished her well.

Funny how after affirming about casting burdens on the Christ within, I felt compelled to help someone with their load.

Be careful what you affirm as it might just come to life around you.

Enocia

Related articles: Casting Your Burden, Literally - Part 2Love Always Wants to Help Everyone; Expectations Take Many Forms; Why I Travel Light